Welcome !

Troop 75 is a growing group of more than 70 energetic, motivated boys ranging in age from 11 to 17. We are the original Boy Scout Troop sponsored by the Peachtree City United Methodist Church beginning in 1980. Troop 75 prides itself on being a ”boy-run, boy-led” troop. We develop leadership skills in boys with experienced Scouts acting as mentors to younger Scouts. Experienced and dedicated adult leadership is always on hand to give guidance and assistance, when necessary.


Summer Camp Information

Posted on May 28 2024 - 10:24am

Please contact Ben Ruppert or Jay Welker with any questions:

Ben: 248-760-5158  tandbruppert2011@gmail.com     Jay:  jayw55@gmail.com

Meet at 0800 on Sunday, June 9 in the Church Parking Lot for Summer Camp

Depart at 0830

  • If you need any medication, it must be in a marked bag with your name on it and clear instructions for use (including any tricks your scout might use to avoid), these will be collected and administered by an adult - Scouts are not allowed to monitor their own medications
  • Bring a signed waiver for Whitewater Rafting – all scouts and adults are signed up for rafting
  • Wear a swimsuit under your shorts
  • Everyone travels in class A Uniform including shirt, shorts, belt
  • Have a day pack for the ride up with water bottle and a towel
  • Your packed trunk
  • Turn in your health forms, Part A, B, and C

Troop 75 Summer Camp Rules

  • Cell Phones / Electronics will be collected when we arrive at camp and locked securely away – use only for travel (& cell phone signal is poor at Woodruff)
  • Scouts may only use their own Hammocks
  • No Trading (no selling of Candy, Breakfast Cereal, Hammock Time etc)
  • Food from the Dining Hall is only to be taken for personal consumption
  • Scouts (Cub Scout Whittling Chip does not count) who have earned their Totin Chip are only permitted to bring one pocket knife

Packed in your Gear Trunk

  • Activity Uniform - Scouts BSA / Venturing shorts and your favorite Scouts BSA / Venturing t-shirts(Class B)
  • Extra clothing - socks, underwear, closed-toed shoes, etc.(VERY IMPORTANT)
  • Jacket or sweater
  • White Water rafting requires closed toed and closed heeled shoes that are OK to get wet
  • Sun Hat
  • Raingear
  • Swim suit / gear
  • Soap, comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels (bring extra!), and other personal items (BRING SHOWER SHOES). Also bring deodorant (No spray cans, only on roll on or gel please)
  • Sunblock and insect repellant
  • Merit Badge Books, pens, pencils, and notebooks
  • Personal foot locker 
  • Flashlight or headlamp
  • First Aid Kit
  • Sleeping bag or other bedding
  • Compass, and other camping items
  • Personal money for crafts, snacks, at the Trading Post (about $40 is the average amount)
  • Scouts should have solid walking shoes or boots - - at Woodruff you walk a lot
  • Scouts may bring hammocks if they also bring straps or a system to protect the trees (a tarp is advisable for rain protection) – if you use a tarp it must be set up neatly and safely

Swim Test

If you have any concerns or are a weak swimmer, please contact Ben Ruppert ahead of time: tandbruppert2011@gmail.com

Jump feet first into water over the head in depth, level off, and begin swimming.

Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following strokes: side stroke, breaststroke, trudgen, or crawl;

Then swim 25 yards using an easy resting back stroke. The 100 yards must be swum continuously and include at least one sharp turn.

After completing the swim, rest by floating.

Calendar - recently updated

Posted on May 27 2024 - 10:39am

 Keep an eye out for other events during the Summer

Remember that every Rank Advancement requires participation in a minimum of two Adopt A Miles

There will be opportunities to participate in a number of Eagle Service Projects over the Summer


Day Date Start End Event Location

  May 2024
Tue 5/28   7:00 pm 8:30 pm   Clark Isaacson's Eagle Court of Honor First Presbyterian Church; 206 Willowbend Road, Peachtree City, GA 30269  
  Jun 2024
Sun 6/2   6:00 am 7:00 pm   Depart for Seabase - Hotel in Miami Area    
Sun 6/2   2:00 pm 3:00 pm   Adopt a Mile Battery Way Park  
Mon 6/3-9   6:00 am 9:00 pm   Seabase Scuba Adventure Islamorada FL  
Sun 6/9-15   8:00 am 1:00 pm   Summer Camp 2024 Camp Woodruff  
Tue 6/18       Tentative - Judd Greene Eagle Scout Project Starrs Mill Middle School  
Wed 6/19       Tentative - Judd Greene Eagle Scout Project Starrs Mill Middle School  
  Jul 2024
Sun 7/7   2:00 pm 3:00 pm   Adopt a Mile Battery Way Park  
  Aug 2024
Mon 8/5       First day of School    
Sun 8/11   2:00 pm 3:00 pm   Adopt a Mile Battery Way Park  
Fri 8/30-9/1   6:00 pm 6:00 pm   Aquatics Adventure Weekend Scout land Lake Lanier  
  Sep 2024
Mon 9/2       Student Holiday    
  Oct 2024
Mon 10/14-15       Student Holiday    
  Nov 2024
Sat 11/2   8:30 am 3:00 pm   FRC Merit Badge Day Coweta Charter Academy - Senoia

New Eagle Scouts

Posted on May 16 2024 - 5:26pm


Posted on May 3 2024 - 11:26pm

Scout account statements have gone out. Be sure to check your email. We have a number of scouts with Summer Camp balances.  Please try to get payments in as we must make our final payments to Woodruff soon.

Busy Saturday for Troop 75

Posted on Feb 4 2024 - 9:53pm

It was a busy Saturday for Troop 75 as we completed the first phase of our Scouting for Food effort while other Scouts completed one of the 10 mile hike requirements towards the Hiking Merit Badge. We hiked from Kedron Elementary to Riley Field, Drake Field then around the southern end of Lake Peachtree. We then stopped for a hot trail lunch on Spyglass Island before heading back along the eastern shore of Lake Peachtree on our way back to Kedron Elementary. We used Mr. Nigel's GPS units and maps to visit numerous Eagle Scout Projects along the way. A hearty thank you to Mr. Nigel for not only teaching use how to use GPS units but also for taking the time to bring his trail stoves for use to cook hot meals on the trail! A fantastic way to spend a beautiful day and get some exercise outdoors! Check out the attached photos!

Scoutmaster’s 2024 New Year Message:

Posted on Jan 19 2024 - 2:56pm

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families happiness, health and positivity in 2024!

Thank you to our adult volunteers who make our Scout outings possible ensure that our Scouts have fun and learn a few things along the way! We have a lot of exciting activities planned this year including our Scuba High Adventure Sea Base! Check the website calendar frequently for opportunities to sign up for new activities.

Some of you Scouts have met all the requirements for rank advancement but YOU have to advocate for yourself and step up to request your Scoutmaster Conference and Board of Review to rank up! Check your emails from “DoNotReply@troopmaster.email” to see your rank and merit badge progression.

 A special message to our many Life ranked Scouts:
We are really looking forward to seeing you at more of Troop meetings and exciting activities this year! Please remember that you are an important part of our Troop as role models to the younger Scouts who look up to you to see how to conduct yourselves.

You are also mentors to other Star and Life Scouts who seek your guidance and lean on you for motivation in helping them plan and execute their Eagle projects.

 We understand that you have many obligations outside of Scouting involving academic, sporting and community activities and we encourage this as it makes you a more well-rounded young man, but we will require that you attend at least one Troop meeting and one activity per month to maintain contact with you to provide a little encouragement and support to you on your Eagle projects and other requirements as you progress along your journey in Scouting.

Looking forward to an exciting 2024!

Ansel James
Troop 75




Site Counter